Saturday, August 7, 2010

What FUN!!!!



Whew. Just finished a week long, all day workshop with Jordan Sokol, an advanced instructor from the Florence Academy of Art. It was absolutely amazing. And so much fun! Jordan used the sight size approach which I've not encountered at the Gage Academy (but I was familiar with it from working on my own). I actually liked it a lot! I'll post pictures later, but I wanted to get this posted so you'd know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Click HERE to see Jordan's fantastic work.

AND, I managed to buy his demonstration painting. It was a must! He and I used the same easel space and footmarks on the floor, so we painted the same pose, same light, same vantage point. A once in a lifetime opportunity. How fun. I even saved the tapes from the floor with my name and his name to mark our feet positions. I know crazy, but I couldn't resist. What a wonderful instructor and person he is! We had a great end of the workshop party and Bill came too, to see everyone, their work and to meet Jordan. A perfect week.

Now the mad rush of packing and preparing for our six weeks in Collioure, all of September, then home mid-October. We plan on painting and drawing in addition to all the beach time, swimming, wine drinking and cheese eating :-)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger