Friday, July 24, 2009

Learning 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7


3. I learned to look more closely at what I am trying to draw when I am having trouble making it look 'right' or real on the paper. If it looks strange on the paper, it's because I'm drawing what I think I see instead of what is there in front of my eyes. My brain keeps getting in the way.

4. I learned to go back and read my blog and see the things I've already learned and already forgotten (like a promise weeks ago to STOP using the same cheap, slick, white, hard paper that I've been STILL using this week!)

5. I learned that darks and shadows can get VERY dark very fast if I'm not patient and that sometimes I can't 'undo' the damge.

6. I learned that I draw my best when I draw gently and when I keep thinking to myself 'gentle, gentle, be slow and gentle.'

7. I learned that I need to leave my sketch every 15 minutes and go in the other room and breathe.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger