Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oil Painting - Week 7





I'm going to use a limited palette to paint the silver bowl and oranges. John suggested five colors: cad orange, raw umber, yellow ochre, ultramarine blue, and white. He also suggested I mix each color with each other color in their purest forms, then lighten each mixture three times to get various tints of the mixtures, and make a chart with the color mixtures on them.

What a helpful thing to do! It did take me a while to figure out how to do the chart so it would make sense and be handy and useful to me (John says as an artist you are often an inventor too, finding new ways to make things work for you. This was a good example of that for me). So here's the little chart with the mixtures. We'll see how things work...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger