Monday, July 27, 2009

Learning 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15


11. I learned that when I've been using one kind of paper for a long time, it takes time and practice to get used to a new kind of paper.

12. I learned, as per number 11, that I should practice on a new paper before expecting any real results the first time I use it.

13. I learned to make wrinkles or waves in a fabric napkin that look slightly real, using gentle, soft strokes, shading just like I do on a nose or an eye or a face. I think of Sadie Valeri saying to make soft light gentle marks that reach for the light.

14. I learned that I constantly have to re-learn to SLOW DOWN. I rush the drawing far too much, consistently! I have to remind myself repeatedly and continually to slow down.

15. I learned to put color or value on the ENTIRE drawing before darkening darks or working on any values at all! Working next to an area of white distorts all my value perspective.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger