Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Life Figure Drawing: Day One


First day of the figuring drawing class with Juliette Aristides at the Gage Academy. Spent the first hour getting acquainted and familiar with our 'agenda' for the next five days. Then I did 9 five minute gesture drawings from the female model and two or three ten minute gesture drawings. More drawings that I do in a week! Fast, and hard.

In the afternoon we started our drawing of the five day long pose, mine with the male model. The focus was on carefully measuring, proportion, and accuracy in contour. I was totally exhausted by the end of the day. Juliette also did a couple of demonstrations for us. The day flew by. My mind was racing so fast that I slept even more poorly this night than the night before the class.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger